Fragmented media options, intense competition, globalisation and ever-tightly controlled marketing budgets are a fact of modern business life, particularly in the world of financial services.
At a time when the stakes have never been higher, how do you continue to cut through?
TRUE Creativity and Innovation consists of SEEING what everyone else has seen, THINKING what no one else has thought, and DOING what no one else has dared!
Big ideas break rules. Shatter conventions. Challenge the status quo.
What characterises them is their total and uncompromising shift away from what has gone before. They smash through the entire safe, culturally embedded biases and conventions that shape standard approaches to business thinking. A big idea must be pursued with conviction, passion, courage, credibility, tenacity and decisiveness. Sounds exciting? It is.
That’s why it is worth being alive to some of the ‘creativity blockers’ that could inhibit you from being able to light up your brand.
Here are just a few:
- Inflexible strategies / unchallenged rules
- Existing paradigms / sacred cows
- Habit / routines / comfort levels
- Fear of consequences / making mistakes / change
- Not invented here syndrome
- Upbringing and beliefs at odds with your target audience
- Outdated thinking / knowledge
- Self-doubt and self-criticism
- Rational (only) thinking
- Being insular or too close to the business
- Fear of appearing stupid / childish
- Unwillingness to play games
- Lack of time
Address these issues head-on and you will create a culture that will enable you to innovate further and truly shine out in your market. We’d love to help.